Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door close effort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else notice the doors require a pretty significant push to close? I noticed right away that if I gave a 'normal' push from outside to close, they wouldn't latch. It takes a firm shove to make them latch. Is this the case for everyone, or is it possible mine need alignment?

Reactions: jtime100
The only door on my 2021 M3 that requires a bit of extra effort is the left side rear. Even that does not need to be slammed, just closed with firmness. These are not Bentleys, or even Mercedes. The doors close more like Toyotas.
Interesting comparison. My wife's Mercedes and my 4runner barely need a push for a quick secure close. I think I'll ask the SC to check the alignment.

Does anyone else notice the doors require a pretty significant push to close? I noticed right away that if I gave a 'normal' push from outside to close, they wouldn't latch. It takes a firm shove to make them latch. Is this the case for everyone, or is it possible mine need alignment?
I noticed this too. All of the doors require a bit more than normal push. I’m coming from a coupe though where door was heavier and moved easier.

The only door on my 2021 M3 that requires a bit of extra effort is the left side rear. Even that does not need to be slammed, just closed with firmness. These are not Bentleys, or even Mercedes. The doors close more like Toyotas.
That is an odd coincidence…. My 2021 M3 left rear needs a firmer push as well and sometimes even then it will bounce back and need to be pushed even harder. Oh well, 1st World problem.

Reactions: ZilWin
Exactly my symptoms. Close it with the same effort as the other 3 doors and ....ooops, musta not closed it hard enough! Not a slam but just harder than the other doors.
Yep…. But it’s not enough of a problem for me to worry about scheduling a service call. And about half of the time it closes normally so if I did taken in the service that’s probably what it would do and it would not exhibit the problem.🤔

Yep…. But it’s not enough of a problem for me to worry about scheduling a service call. And about half of the time it closes normally so if I did taken in the service that’s probably what it would do and it would not exhibit the problem.🤔
Yep. me too. I have had mobile service out for a few other issues and never even thought to bring it up to them.