Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door close rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal for the m3 doors to have a pretty noticeable rattle upon close? (They don’t have a persistent rattle *after* they’ve been closed, it’s just a single rattling noise the moment they’re closed). I’m thinking it’s due to the frameless windows, but I’m not positive. It might be normal for cars with frameless windows. It’s really not a huge annoyance, more just something I’ve wondered since I got the car.

Is it normal for the m3 doors to have a pretty noticeable rattle upon close? (They don’t have a persistent rattle *after* they’ve been closed, it’s just a single rattling noise the moment they’re closed). I’m thinking it’s due to the frameless windows, but I’m not positive. It might be normal for cars with frameless windows. It’s really not a huge annoyance, more just something I’ve wondered since I got the car.

I’m noticing it too, but only from my rear passenger side

I have this too. More noticeable on the passenger door (RHD car).
I pulled apart the door to see if I could find and fix the issue. Put in some felt tape around the parts that I thought would be problematic, but this didnt help. I also removed the window itself and it stopped happening. There are two cast aluminium metal clamps hold the window in place, I suspect it is coming from the one closer to the door hinge (you can see the top part of it in the attached pic where the speaker hole is).

Im posting this to in the hopes that someone else may find this useful and if they fixed it to tell us how.

upload_2020-6-22_12-18-45.png