TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Door closes upon pressing the brake even if no premium upgrade package?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Amanda, May 17, 2018.

1. Need

Need Active Member

That may be true 20 years ago, but all the new cars with push button start requires you to press the brake pedal before pushing the button to start the car. And most people will probably start the car before everyone gets in (Start the AC, let it warm up, set the GPS, change the radio, etc...). If pressing the brake pedal closes the passenger door too, I am pretty sure my wife or kid would have gotten smacked by the door a few times. Even now sometime I close the FD too soon and smack my kid in the head.

• Like x 1
  2. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

That is true. Now that I recall, in the Volt I have to do that.

In the case of that vehicle, the parking brake is the last to get released before the vehicle moves.

3. pkodali

pkodali Member

BTW PM'ed you a referral code. Let me know if you need it

4. rush6410

rush6410 Member

Looks like a Model S to me. Double tap side buttons opens the FWDs not front doors.

5. Need

Need Active Member

No it is a Model X. In the beginning of the video you can see the FD handle right next to the front door handle. If it is a MS you won't see the back door handle.

Probably an earlier software version? I can open the passenger door with the fob with PUP but only after the driver side door already opened. And I can only do that if auto door is set to ON. So if the driver side door is already open for me, I may as well go inside and sit and press the screen to open the passenger side door.. no need to fish for the keyfob. So that feature is kind of pointless.

6. tslugmo

tslugmo Member

It's a click and then a click-hold. But yes, I tried it on my non-PUP X and no joy, unfortunately. I wish.

7. outie

outie Active Member

When they first introduced fob double click to open the front doors, it was indeed available to all cars with or without PUP. A later version locked that feature to PUP/self present “Automatic doors” bundle.

• Informative x 1
  8. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

I not have PUP on my 2017 X. Door closes with foot applied to brake. With easy entry seats move too!

9. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I can see it now...definitely model x. The video was published on Dec 29 2017. So, not an early version. I have PUP. Front doors were always opened with a double tap on top for drivers followed by a second double tap for passengers. For kicks, I just tried tap hold. It doesn't work on PUP either.

10. outie

outie Active Member

Judging from the video description I think it’s a hack. You can call their number provided for more information.