Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door closes very hard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On our 2021 Model Y, the doors autoclose really hard on their own. The open door will not stay open and it slams itself really hard on your arm or leg while you are trying to get out. This is particularly a problem in a parking lot or garage where you don't want to hit another car. My wife is disabled, so getting out of the car quickly is not easy. She has been injured several times because the door closes itself so hard on her.

Has anyone encountered this? Was mobile service able to fix it?

On our 2021 Model Y, the doors autoclose really hard on their own. The open door will not stay open and it slams itself really hard on your arm or leg while you are trying to get out. This is particularly a problem in a parking lot or garage where you don't want to hit another car. My wife is disabled, so getting out of the car quickly is not easy. She has been injured several times because the door closes itself so hard on her.

Has anyone encountered this? Was mobile service able to fix it?
The model y doesn’t have doors which auto close or auto open. Does your model y have an aftermarket modification?

I think the OP means they swing shut fast and hard. I find the same thing. That plus the sharp corners on the doors/windows does make me worry someone if going to get hit.

I think you will get used to it over time. Look for the detent in the range of opening. I'm sure there is no service fix for it. You could get an X.