Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Ding/Bump Protectors for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for protectors on the doors to prevent OTHER CARS from dinging the Tesla's door? I'm finding tons of edge protectors to help if my door hits someone else's when I open it, but I now have a ding in my door thanks to someone opening up theirs....and I can't seem to find how to protect from that. Suggestions?

I'm a back-of-the-lot kind of guy too, but I recently still counted 8 dings on my rear passenger door.

See, kids don't give a flying eff about your door and they certainly don't remember not to swing theirs open. And getting car seats in and out is difficult with limited space inside a two-car garage. It's so easy to bump the door an inch too far.

Lastly, I've got grandparents that sit in the back too and let's just say they're as clumsy as the children getting out of my wife's car.

The noodles look funny but wish I had done that instead of counting dings.

Upvote 0
I'm a back-of-the-lot kind of guy too, but I recently still counted 8 dings on my rear passenger door.

See, kids don't give a flying eff about your door and they certainly don't remember not to swing theirs open. And getting car seats in and out is difficult with limited space inside a two-car garage. It's so easy to bump the door an inch too far.

Lastly, I've got grandparents that sit in the back too and let's just say they're as clumsy as the children getting out of my wife's car.

The noodles look funny but wish I had done that instead of counting dings.

Upvote 0
I just make sure to park far, far away from anything/anyone. If the wife is with me, I'm golden. She has a permanent handicap placard from a hip replacement, so I just park in a handicap van spot and have 6' on both sides of the car. Costco is the worst, since people are too damn lazy to walk 10 yards and return their giant shopping cart.

Tint.jpg

Upvote 0