Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door ding caught on Sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping someone can provide some advice. Sentry mode caught a woman who dinged my car with her door. The hit damaged my XPEL PPF (tore a gouge in it) and there is damage to the paint and car underneath. I have her car, license plate, and face all on video. What do I do now? I’m new to this and wondering what the next steps are. Thanks for any advice you have. My apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Make also a Police report (in general you can make one On-Line to your city website,
or call the non emergency phone line, or go to the police station).

Having a Police report makes your claim more credible.
You might have to go to court for small claim but you need to find the identity of the defendant.
As an example, I had issues with UPS for a missing parcel,
after sending a police report, my claim get solved immediately.

Your insurance might not be willing to contact the other insurance, because and just make it an uninsured vehicle.
Don't accept this, especially if you have a deductible, and you might not have rental coverage in this case.

Aluminium parts are difficult to fix and generally body shop change the part, so it might be quite expensive.
The XPEL replacement might be on your side, unless included in your policy.

Last edited:
Make also a Police report (in general you can make one On-Line to your city website,
or call the non emergency phone line, or go to the police station).

Having a Police report makes your claim more credible.
You might have to go to court for small claim but you need to find the identity of the defendant.
As an example, I had issues with UPS for a missing parcel,
after sending a police report, my claim get solved immediately.

Your insurance might not be willing to contact the other insurance, because and just make it an uninsured vehicle.
Don't accept this, especially if you have a deductible, and you might not have rental coverage in this case.

Aluminium parts are difficult to fix and generally body shop change the part, so it might be quite expensive.
The XPEL replacement might be on your side, unless included in your policy.

Agree. Some people don’t care because they only care about themselves. Holding them accountable at least motivates them to not do it again since it costs them something. Too bad we don’t have more nice people that care about others and respect the property of other people.

I’m hoping someone can provide some advice. Sentry mode caught a woman who dinged my car with her door. The hit damaged my XPEL PPF (tore a gouge in it) and there is damage to the paint and car underneath. I have her car, license plate, and face all on video. What do I do now? I’m new to this and wondering what the next steps are. Thanks for any advice you have. My apologies if this is in the wrong section.

That’s a pretty hard door ding. I would definitely contact my insurance.