Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door ding repair and paint question with pics..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm a little new here, been lurking mostly since November and posted a few times while searching for a Model S.
After 4 months I found my 2018 75D in OKC.

View media item 121426
View media item 121427
It was previously owned by an NBA player for the Oklahoma City Thunder, had 11k miles, FSD enabled, built 10/2018. Issues: Door ding on drivers side, passenger side rocker panel curb damage, one rim with curb damage.

All repairs went smoothly except for the door ding. The scratch was through the paint, all three bids quoted ~$700 to repaint the door and blend into the other panels. After a week my Tesla was returned with a few issues.

"dirt nibs" about a dozen or more on the door that was refinished.
View media item 121429
Edge of the door lined with what looked like popped paint bubbles, felt like a dull serrated knife.
View media item 121428
Milky whitish spot and fiber next to it.
View media item 121425
The car has been back 4 times for corrections but each time things got a little worse.

The dirt nibs were removed but left behind imperfections, three inch long scratches seen by the chrome window trim here:
View media item 121430
The bubbles on the edge of the door were corrected but the milky white spot still exist, the door is swirled from correction attempts and new deep scratches appear each time I return to pick up the car. Over spray covered about 30% of the rear bumper the last time it was returned.

This is a Tesla certified / recommended body shop in STL. I'm not happy with the work but afraid it will get worse if I return.

I recently googled "Tesla paint issues" and found similar reports in factory Tesla paint. But if these issues previously existed I thought they would have been corrected by the repaint, especially the scratches and swirls.

I believe my next step is to seek paint correction and give up on this body shop. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks!