Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door ding! *#^%^$*%$ !!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my wife managed to open the door on HER car too wide, and BAM! - I am now the proud owner of a Model 3 with a door ding! It's a little dent right on the sharp body crease near the top of the left rear door. It's it's first blemish in 5 1/2 months and 8k miles. AAARGH! I THINK it's a candidate for a "paintless repair" - we shall see. I am off to the body shop on Monday. Anyone been through a similar experience?

Not sure if I can cope with taking a picture of it at this point. After all the long hikes from the far end of all my local parking lots, this happens in my driveway!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
The side of my Audi looked like a golf ball from the dozens of times my wife put the Explorer door into it. I had to get off my duff and clean out the garage when I got my M3 so I could park away from her doors of doom.

I saw a video of the paintless dent repair on a M3 that looked perfect afterwards. I think it was on TeslaRaj’s YouTube channel.

Today my wife managed to open the door on HER car too wide, and BAM! - I am now the proud owner of a Model 3 with a door ding! It's a little dent right on the sharp body crease near the top of the left rear door. It's it's first blemish in 5 1/2 months and 8k miles. AAARGH! I THINK it's a candidate for a "paintless repair" - we shall see. I am off to the body shop on Monday. Anyone been through a similar experience?

Not sure if I can cope with taking a picture of it at this point. After all the long hikes from the far end of all my local parking lots, this happens in my driveway!

We got one of those while the car was in for service, of all places.

We have a friend who does body work and he said it should be pretty easy to remove even with it being on that body line.

If you fix it, it will come again.

A car always has to have a door ding. It's a law of nature.
You may be right. I still don't have a ding from another car after 4 years. However, I do have a through-the-paint scrape that I'm counting as a "ding". I was driving down the high highway and heard a "thud" from the side of the car. There was nothing on the road, no cars around, nothing - but when I looked next... :eek:. I'm blaming a small meteorite. You just can't fight nature.