Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door edge Guards/ Protectors for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone has installed a door edge protector or liner since radar is known to sometimes fail and motorized front doors can hit nearby cars? Best I've found is some 3M strips that look like they would do the trick but I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation or one they've used or installed that they liked...

I was wondering if anyone has installed a door edge protector or liner since radar is known to sometimes fail and motorized front doors can hit nearby cars? Best I've found is some 3M strips that look like they would do the trick but I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation or one they've used or installed that they liked...
On my model S, I use this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00650NY6G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I originally used a much thicker U shape cross section edge protector carried at all the auto supply stores. While those worked fine on my other cars, they didn't stay on well on the Tesla because the edge of the door is too wide. Hence my use of the 3M product linked. It come flat and you roll it around the edge of the door. It is quite thin though so I'm careful not to bang hard into another car.