Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door fit and air leakage, self adjustment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that it's gotten cold I've started to notice some outside air leakage with my driver door. The section at the back of the door between the arm rest and the window specifically. I'd already had a SC look at it when I first got the car because the window didn't seal on the back side and they wrote it off as adequate.

Does anyone have any instructions or a video on how I can adjust this myself?

I had issues where the glass and seals were too far apart. After getting the alignment of the door corrected at a body shop, they went back and made adjustments to the windows (apparently tracks are adjustable after popping door cover). No big issue on my 75D.

I have a 2017 MS. I've been dealing with wind noise issues since delivery in March. Every "fix" seems to make it worse. The last fix is so bad that water comes in through my window during a heavy rain/wash. If anyone finds a DIY solution, please share :)

I was just at the Rockville SC. They adjusted the door to close in a bit more so it aligns smoothly with the back door. Since I have had my Tesla I have cursed that I'm always cold and having to run the heat in cold weather. Holy *sugar* what a difference that small change made. I have no more small draft and I even had warm feet on my drive home in 50F weather. Something I have never had before. My cabin is finally warm!