Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine r Gen 1, made in 2012, I think they up to gen 4 now. You can buy them from Ebay ($100), so u know and have a good one. The hardest thing is having a 8, 9, 10 mm socket. Door panel removal tool. U will break a few panel studs. Buy them from Tesla or online. I bought bag full. It takes patience, not rocket science to change the mechanical part.

Reactions: KalJoMoS
All my handles have been replaced, drivers twice, hitting six years. Tech said last year just before he replaced the rear passenger side that the design changed and failures should be rare anymore, will see.

Tip: do not forget to add REQUESTING MOBILE SERVICE when you put in the request on the app or the bot will make you visit the SC.

I had one handle fail AT DELIVERY on my August 2017 MS, so I have you beat. Had to sit around for 3hrs while someone drove across town to the Fremont assembly plant to get a new one and install before I took the car home. Now, 3.5 years and 35K miles later the driver handle failed two weeks ago. Mobile service replaced it in a few days. I have the newer generation, so it was the gear that snaped. At least they have resolved the moving wiring harness issues...