Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle issue, auto door open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having door handle issues with 2014 MS.Issue is when I unlock the car , it's opening driver side door too. Do I have to pay anything since it's in CPO full warranty? I assume I have to replace that door handle , right?
Thank you

Having door handle issues with 2014 MS.Issue is when I unlock the car , it's opening driver side door too. Do I have to pay anything since it's in CPO full warranty? I assume I have to replace that door handle , right?
Thank you

Known issue--when the exterior handle presents, it strikes the microswitch that triggers the latch, and the door opens. Usually a quick adjustment by a tech/ranger--not necessarily a new handle assembly. Under warranty? All good.

Tesla quality sucks. The cars has low maintenance in terms of engine and stuff, but the car body itself quality stink. The drive is awesome, no argument there.

For me so far for a car less than 42 months old,

1 Door handles
2 leaky roof door due to missing clips at the chrome trim causing adhesive failure
3 airbag warning due to poor manufacturing. They never connected the sensor cable.
4 Side Windows regulators, causing windows to not properly go down when opening door. Tuggling on chrome trim causing gaps and water leaks
5 12v battery failure (this I can agree with since they usually die after 3years anyway)
6 auto lift gate failure
7 center arm rest, missing screw causing gaps and vibration

Lol. My All my Lexus I’ve own never had and of these little problems. Just normal oil change and maintenance.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial