Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to fix the micro switch issue on one of my door handle. Is anyone aware of a good "how to" on actually removing the module from the door? Everything I've found so far has the module already out of the door.

I had a ranger come out and change out the micro switch harness today. Here's a few things I learned. ( I did not feel comfortable filming him)
1.) After removing the door panel, he used a "spare" window switch to roll the window up and down as needed.
2.) He Removed the glass. There's an access "rectangle" towards the front of the door that allows the plastic capture to easily get the glass out of the way
3.) Once he got the harness replaced, he left the glass adjustment nut loose until he tested the glass fitment by closing the door and using a business card to check the seal tightness in the front and rear of the glass.

Took him 15-20mins to knock the whole thing out.

I did right rear, took longer to get tools ready than remove it. On back you have to get in, raise window all the way up or you cant get to top bolt. I now have 3 spare mechanisms so i can change it in 15 minutes. Fix broken one later. The wiring harnesses are too tight, should be removed from holders do they dont break . I put Dynamat insulation in my door while i had panel off. There good videos on YouTube on this.