TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Door Handle not coming out when touched

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Gr8pursuit, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Gr8pursuit

Gr8pursuit Member

My driver's door handle will not present itself when I touch it. It works when I use to the key fob and if I touch any of the other door handles the driver's handle will come out. Rebooted the screen & unplugged fuse #51 for awhile just in case and still the same. Anyone had same problem, any suggestions before back to SC?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Nope, that's an SC problem.

3. Gr8pursuit

Gr8pursuit Member

Darn, was hoping for a quick fix. No fun going to SC.

4. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Had this issue before. SvC replaced the internal assembly and now it works.

5. RonnieKorbas

RonnieKorbas Member

Yeah, had the same issue. Service Center took care of it, no problem, no cost at all. Covered under warranty, apparently.

6. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Happens to me sometimes, but not other times. I think it's the cell phone interference in my pocket, but can't be sure yet. Now you've given me reason to think it's the door handle unit so I'll try eliminating variables and see how it goes.

- K

7. Atebit

Atebit Member

+1 for me, is more likely after the car has been asleep for a few hours (less than 24). . I turned of "energy saving" recently, let's see if that helps.