Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle not presenting when touched, failed pressure sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
_20190730_122058.JPG

Above is the pressure sensor.

For microswitches I use ASQ10410 and swap the little metal bar but normally the wires will fail not the microswitch so you can reuse them if you want. I use more flexible wiring then stock that will not fail again.

View attachment 798004

For microswitches I use ASQ10410 and swap the little metal bar but normally the wires will fail not the microswitch so you can reuse them if you want. I use more flexible wiring then stock that will not fail again.
Hi, this is exactly what happen to me, except I have the black wire only that came loose, which is the ground. Do you have an advise as how to fix it? There is no way to get this in the internet apparently. THANK YOU,

View attachment 798004

I know this is an old thread but it is apparently very difficult to find anyone referencing this pressure sensor.

On my 15' 85D my left rear door won't respond to touch. I found a replacement sensor like the one shown above, however this seems slightly different than the one that's currently in my handle. The plastic/metal stick out slightly differently, but still the U shape.

The real questions are:
-Can these sensors be interchanged?
and
-Is there any fix for them?

Here's what mine looks like:
20230826_150704.jpg

Reactions: Cheburashka
I know this is an old thread but it is apparently very difficult to find anyone referencing this pressure sensor.

On my 15' 85D my left rear door won't respond to touch. I found a replacement sensor like the one shown above, however this seems slightly different than the one that's currently in my handle. The plastic/metal stick out slightly differently, but still the U shape.

The real questions are:
and

View attachment 971510

I wasn't able to find the right one. Let me know if yours actually ends up working.

The real questions are:
and

View attachment 971510
Small difference in height can be compensated by the big screw, if you can find a replacement sensor it's interchangable. Tesla don't sell them seperate but maybe ebay if your lucky.

Sometimes wires tend to go loose so the you will be able to solder/repair them, if it's moisture damage it depends on your soldering skills

I figured it out! The door wiring harness wires start snapping apart at the hinge. This happens from opening and clossing the door so many times over the life of the MS. I started having other features fail as well. The door was no longer showing open or closed. So I started unplugging and a pulling on wires and I got a reaction from the car. You will need to pull out the conduit enough to expose the wires. Start pulling them individually. Eventually the broken wire(s) will come out. Two repair options , repair the harness or replace the harness. I repaired it, I found 5 broken wires. Everything works now. I will upload a YouTube video some time this week. I will also add pictures to this post later today.

Attachments

• 20240303_071550.jpg
    20240303_071550.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240303_071612.jpg
    20240303_071612.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka