Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle not responding to pulling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a lot of info about door handle issues, but I haven't quite seen this one. I have a 2014 Model S P85, not sure what gen door handles.

The right rear door handle presents normally when I approach/unlock the car. A month or two ago it started to need a lot of force when pulling it to get the door to open. Now, the door refuses to open at all no matter how hard I pull the handle. If the inside door handle is used it opens instantly.

I'm keen to have a go at fixing this myself but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. Do I need to buy a whole new door handle DIY kit or is there just a simple part that can be replaced?

There is a lot of info about door handle issues, but I haven't quite seen this one. I have a 2014 Model S P85, not sure what gen door handles.

The right rear door handle presents normally when I approach/unlock the car. A month or two ago it started to need a lot of force when pulling it to get the door to open. Now, the door refuses to open at all no matter how hard I pull the handle. If the inside door handle is used it opens instantly.

I'm keen to have a go at fixing this myself but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. Do I need to buy a whole new door handle DIY kit or is there just a simple part that can be replaced?
it's sounds like a micro switch on the door handle assembly since your able to open from inside handle.

it's sounds like a micro switch on the door handle assembly since your able to open from inside handle.
So my S just developed this problem: the right rear door presents fine, but won't open from the outside . If I pull the inside latch, it works fine (and I can hear it unlocking). When I pull from the outside, I don't hear it unlocking.

Is this just a replacement of the microswitch?