Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle presents then go back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Some weeks ago I bought a MS 100D, 1st registration in September 2018. Perfect until yesterday, when the rear left door handle became crazy : when I unlock the car, it presents like the 3 others, but go back immediately ! If I touch it it presents again and stay out, and I can open the door. But if I close it I can no more open it until I lock / unlock the car.

Does anybody have any clue on what is causing this trouble ?

Thanks.
Francis

Yep, here is a thread about this issue. My car is a March 2014 Model S, and it has done this from day one, all these 7 years. I had a service ranger come out for it, and replaced the entire handle, and it didn't help. It just happened again yesterday. I just live with it and don't think it's a big deal. I think it's got to be some strange software bug, because the conditions are very repeatable and specific. The handle is out, and then when pulled, it very definitely activates the function of retracting only that handle, and then it seems to figure out "Whoops! My bad! That's not what you wanted." and presents again, and always works the second time.