Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So w this new update the car stays unlocked when home, cool idea. well i was trying to walk by the car and baby stroller and leaned agains the car, or well the handle, and basically all my weight was on it when i lost balance, and well the car was unlocked and handle tried to present itself and it came out alright, and now its stuck in that position. Fully out, led light on, and can hear the buzzing inside. Cant use the handle from outside
Not under warranty
2013 model
Any suggestions or where to get parts? Or what parts for that matter...

These guys offer rebuild kits and parts. Pay attention as there are several generations - might be best to open the door and see what the part number is on your handle, and see what is broken before ordering parts. If you just broke the paddle gear (which is my guess) it is only $5 ish from Tesla, if your local service center will sell you one. My service center insists they are not available.

Vendor - Door Handle Replacement Parts/Rebuild Services

If attempting DIY then you need required wiring harness as well
0D2F122B-1143-43C2-8BFB-3989CF2B6F47.jpeg

There are a few wires and switches in the door handles.

There is one that tells the car the door handle is out, it sounds like that one may have a break.

There's also one that tells the car the door handle is in.

Then there's the paddle that moves the handle in and out.

285 is what I paid about 6 months ago.

Good info. Mine was replaced just yesterday by Tesla mobile service. I have an ESA so it cost me $200, not bad considering the parts price plus the 2+hours of labor. I was surprised at how involved it was.
Plus, FWIW, he said he had to download new firmware because of it. I was puzzled about that but did not ask for more info. Later I discovered that my latest software update (2020.36.3.1) was awaiting installation, even though I had installed it a few days before.