Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handles are hard to see at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use the flashlight on your phone?
This is REAL convenient when your hands are full and your phone is buried in your pocket. It’s usually possible to use a finger to open the door…if only I knew where to push.

I agree it’s a very minor (but very annoying) issue, but it would have been nice if Tesla had thought of a solution. We don’t all live in the city where it’s sunny and 75 degrees all the time and the parking lots are all lit with unicorns and rainbows everywhere.

A simple LED behind the handle that lit on approach would have solved the whole problem.

This is REAL convenient when your hands are full and your phone is buried in your pocket. It’s usually possible to use a finger to open the door…if only I knew where to push.

I agree it’s a very minor (but very annoying) issue, but it would have been nice if Tesla had thought of a solution. We don’t all live in the city where it’s sunny and 75 degrees all the time and the parking lots are all lit with unicorns and rainbows everywhere.

A simple LED behind the handle that lit on approach would have solved the whole problem.
Well …. I find that to open pretty much any car door, I need at least 1 free hand. That’s the one I would use to grab my phone and tuen on the light.

Reactions: GeoG
I find it mostly by feel, with a little assist from my general expectations of where the handle should be. However, I have to be actually thinking about it to feel the difference when I find it - it's not something I can do while carrying on a conversation . I have a weird brain.

I agree, the door handles are a very stupid design. I haven't had many problems finding them but the only convenient way to use them is with the correct hand (i.e Left hand on the left side of the car,) no gloves or mittens on and nothing else in your hadn't. Anything else requires increasing amounts of contortion and maneuvering.

I just saw these at RPM Tesla and am strongly considering them for my model Y. They should help with the night time issue as well.

• Informative
Reactions: whatthe2