Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handles keep going in/out

Bill D

Oct 11, 2013
Weston, FL
When my 2014 MS is unlocked, every 60 seconds, all 4 door handles go in for 6 seconds and then go back out. This cycle has been continuing for four hours.

While I sit in the driver's seat (with or without the Fob), the handles stay in. About 10 minutes after I get out, the cycling resumes.
Rebooting both displays didn't help. Whether or not the car is plugged in doesn't make a difference.
Turning on or off "Walk-Away Door Lock" doesn't make a difference. Turning on or off "Auto-Present Handles" doesn't make a difference.
Whether or not the Fob is near the car or far away doesn't make a difference. The only way to stop the cycling door handles is to lock the car.

I searched the forum and didn't see anything similar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWi

Bill D

Oct 11, 2013
Weston, FL
My door handles continue to cycle in/out for hours, but occasionally they stop and restart later.

When they are not cycling, I noticed that the left rear handle is much more sensitive than the other 3 handles. It actuates with an extremely slight touch, instead requiring a distinct press, like the other 3 handles and all 4 handles on my other MS, which is a 2015.

I suspect that sensitive LR handle is automatically triggering re-opening after 10 sec of being closed. Anyone else every have this problem?

WhiteWi

Feb 21, 2021
Georgia
I think I have same problem. I thought I was being crazy and just locked the doors. I will check tomorrow if it still does that when car is unlocked and will report back.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC