TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Door handles refuse to present when supercharging

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nigel16494, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Nigel16494

Nigel16494 Member

Three times now I have had to use the phone app to get car into (unlock) the car while supercharging. The handles will not present and the car remains stubbornly locked. I will mention it to Tesla in 4 weeks at the year service, anyone else seen this? Poor remote battery ? Sept 30 2014 delivery.

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Do they not present even if you double-click on the fob? Has this always happened at the same supercharger location? Perhaps there is some RF interference in the area.

3. Nigel16494

Nigel16494 Member

2 Different superchargers, fob works fine all the time except this one scenario. But since it's 3 times now, I guess there's some issue. Phone does work to unlock the car.

4. DougH

DougH Active Member

I have owed 5 Tesla's and never had this issue, there's something wrong with yours.

5. jlucero

jlucero Member

5 teslas???? jeez, that is interesting

6. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

And if you press the door handles in? Nothing? Only the phone?

7. keydiver

keydiver Member

If I recall, if you exit the car, but the fob remains in communications distance with the Tesla for more than a few minutes, the car shuts down and you must push on the handles to get them to present.

8. Nigel16494

Nigel16494 Member

No, nothing, no pressing, waving the fob, pressing the fob will not unlock. Luckily the phone app saves me. I never press the door handles to present unless I have not been near the car in a few days. Otherwise the car presents the handles every morning when I go to it. I will get service to take a look. It may be something as stupid as the fob battery