TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Door Handles

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tiger30, Jul 20, 2017.

1. tiger30

tiger30 Member

I noticed my door handles are slightly recessed from the door. Is that normal, or should they be flush to the door?

2. tiger30

tiger30 Member

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

Not normal.

That can be adjusted to flush... mechanically... need to access the handle mechanism.

4. Country Roads

Country Roads Member

Mine too. Is this something the service center does, or is this a DIY project?

5. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

Service Center. When one of my handles was replaced it was recessed. The Service Center corrected the problem.

• Like x 1
  6. morepower

morepower Member

Service center for me too. I didn't notice one of my door handles was recessed at delivery. They took care of if along with a few other things.

7. scottm

scottm Active Member

They must be just smackin' 'em in at the factory these days, good enough to operate and open the door and MOVE IT OUT!

8. tomwoodco

tomwoodco Member

Agree with other posts with one addition. My 2017 model S would not present the door handles when I pressed any of them. A trip to the service center actually found that the excessive recessing of the handles was the problem. The fix they did was to move them out slightly so that they were more flush with the door panel. Now I can press a handle in and they will present. So it is more than just a cosmetic issue, it can have impacts on functionality too.

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1