TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Door hard to open

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Merrill, May 24, 2013.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Have only had Model S for 3 weeks, but from the beginning it seems as if the windows do not retract quite enough when opening the doors. It feels like the upper part of the window is hitting on the door rubber at the top when you open the doors. All 4 seem to have this problem. Can anyone tell me this is normal or is there an adjustment that can be done.

2. byt

byt Member

Take it in to get looked at. My Model S is the only car my 2 year old twins can open independently!

3. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

I have the same problem, primarily with the drivers side door. Sometimes I have to open the rear door to get the drivers door open. I plan on calling service. Let me know how you make out.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Ditto on getting it serviced. While byt & I have Sig models and the V1.0 handles, it sounds like recent cars have a different adjustment issue.

5. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

Schedule a convenient time to have Service take a look at it. Tesla has been continually improving their production processes and design of parts, but its a simple fact that the production line is still only months old. Getting it fixed not only makes you happy, but it also gives Tesla the opportunity to know that they might need to make a few tweaks to make future cars better.

So far they have generally been aggressive about both fixing customer cars and improving processes as they go. You'll be helping them more than they'll be helping you.

6. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Just talked to service and they said there is an adjustment they can make to fix the windows not going down enough when opening