Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Hinge Paint Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been about a month since I took delivery of my M3 And I only just noticed that there were some pretty severe paint chipping on the passenger door hinge.

Is this normal? If not, is this something Tesla will fix considering it was not identified during the initial inspection?

805FBF95-3317-4669-AB36-AC0CBA604F9C.jpeg

Thanks all. Just want to update this thread in case someone else has this issue in the future.

At the advice of the fine folks on this thread, I scheduled an appointment with Tesla and because I still have very low mileage on my car, they were able to touch it up free of charge. All is well!

D5AC237F-F401-4BAF-B49B-E8D3A8BD1E18.jpeg

Reactions: captanzuelo
Thanks all. Just want to update this thread in case someone else has this issue in the future.

At the advice of the fine folks on this thread, I scheduled an appointment with Tesla and because I still have very low mileage on my car, they were able to touch it up free of charge. All is well!

View attachment 550952
Same issue on 3 of 4 door hinges of our red Model 3 SR+ that we received a couple of weeks ago, on March 25. Looks like they damaged the paint on the hinges when doing some alignment adjustments before we received the car. I've contacted Tesla to request paint touch-up on the affected hinges and will update once service is completed.

Attachments

• Rear_Passenger-side.jpeg
    Rear_Passenger-side.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Rear_Driver-side.jpeg
    Rear_Driver-side.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Front_Passenger-side.jpeg
    Front_Passenger-side.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Front_Driver-side.jpeg
    Front_Driver-side.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 229
Same issue on 3 of 4 door hinges of our red Model 3 SR+ that we received a couple of weeks ago, on March 25. Looks like they damaged the paint on the hinges when doing some alignment adjustments before we received the car. I've contacted Tesla to request paint touch-up on the affected hinges and will update once service is completed.
Tesla's Vancouver Delivery Centre provided good, quick service on the paint issue on our door hinges. When I called them they said bring it in today and we'll have it ready in about an hour, and they did.

Seems they weren't very busy at the delivery centre last week. Looked liked they only had two Model Y's and one Model 3 in the parking lot for delivery, compared to the 30 - 40 Model 3's that went off the lot in the 1.5 hours we spent there picking up ours a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: Kamixus