Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

door hold design flaw on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Googled it for a good 20 minutes but didn't find anything so here it goes. New 2023 MY Austin build, comes with what I think a very serious design flaw regarding the door holds, by that I mean it doesn't really hold the door open, a gentle push or breeze the door slams shut, and it's like that on ALL 4 doors. I suppose I can live with it but really worried it would hit my little ones at some point, and those hefty doors can really do some damage. Seriously never seen anything like this before on other cars. Is it just me?

Googled it for a good 20 minutes but didn't find anything so here it goes. New 2023 MY Austin build, comes with what I think a very serious design flaw regarding the door holds, by that I mean it doesn't really hold the door open, a gentle push or breeze the door slams shut, and it's like that on ALL 4 doors. I suppose I can live with it but really worried it would hit my little ones at some point, and those hefty doors can really do some damage. Seriously never seen anything like this before on other cars. Is it just me?
You pretty much answered your own question with "Google it for a good 20 minutes but didn't find anything". If there was any kind of serious design flaw and issues had been popping up, you would have seen them. No issue with my 2021 MYP.

You pretty much answered your own question with "Google it for a good 20 minutes but didn't find anything". If there was any kind of serious design flaw and issues had been popping up, you would have seen them. No issue with my 2021 MYP.
Okay thanks guys I’ll schedule a service and have it checked.

Reason I couldn’t find anything on google is simply bc everything is about the frozen door handle, and Elon drama LOL.

Okay thanks guys I’ll schedule a service and have it checked.

Reason I couldn’t find anything on google is simply bc everything is about the frozen door handle, and Elon drama LOL.
Certainly plenty of Elon Drama LOL. I haven't heard of any issues here on TMC, but if the detents aren't holding properly on your particular call, For sure have service check it out. Good Luck

A quick update, 3 weeks in and it seems the door checks are holding a bit better now. But still easy for any of them to slam shut on its own if I don't leave the door exactly at one of the hold positions, which can be dangerous especially when little ones climbing out the vehicle. So be careful.