Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door leather lifting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The leather of the armrest on the driver's door is is lifting away from the shape of the panel. Has anyone seen this before or have any idea if this is something that can be fixed and what that would entail.

Attaching a picture of the driver side door with the issue and the passenger side door with no issue as a reference to what it should look like.

2017 Model S.

Attachments

• 20220503_190626.jpg
    20220503_190626.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 20220503_190532.jpg
    20220503_190532.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: alwaysru
Since leather seats became an option sometime in 2017, your seats may be leather, but the rest of the interior is plastic vinyl. This can stretch and shrink with heat. I wouldn't do it myself, but an automotive interior shop could probably easily smooth out that armrest with a heat blower. It probably isn't hard, but I wouldn't try it on my own because I would screw it up. :)

Since leather seats became an option sometime in 2017, your seats may be leather, but the rest of the interior is plastic vinyl. This can stretch and shrink with heat. I wouldn't do it myself, but an automotive interior shop could probably easily smooth out that armrest with a heat blower. It probably isn't hard, but I wouldn't try it on my own because I would screw it up. :)
Thanks for the clarification on the plastic vinyl. I would definitely screw something up so I'll look for some shops. Thanks!

I’ve always owned a BMW (waiting on model s) if that ever happened I would take the car to the dealer and insist they replace the panel…
I've owned lots of expensive BMWs. Tesla is different, except they both have the same nonpredictable electronic glitches that depend on how the car is feeling that day. A big difference in Tesla service is they could care less about customer satisfaction or retaining your business -- if you don't buy another one, someone else will. The subject car is a 2017 model.

Reactions: alwaysru