Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another question (figured it fits the topic, not meaning to hijack):

If I don't have the child-lock activated, if someone pushes the door unlock button while driving (say >30mph), does the door unlock, or is the car smart enough to not allow the door to open while the vehicle is in motion?

Where is the walk away lock feature? I’ve tried to look for it but can’t seem to find it? I just took delivery last night and otherwise super excited!

The doors lock automatically and mirrors fold in, with a optional honk when your phone key walks away at a certain distance. Mine locks when I walk approximately 13-14 steps away from my car.

Sorry just getting used to the interface. I assume you’re referring to the car settings, not app settings? I’ll have to look when I can head out at lunch or when I leave. I could have sworn I looked through the lock features and didn’t see anything about walk away lock. But again, new to the UI so I may have missed it.

Sorry just getting used to the interface. I assume you’re referring to the car settings, not app settings? I’ll have to look when I can head out at lunch or when I leave. I could have sworn I looked through the lock features and didn’t see anything about walk away lock. But again, new to the UI so I may have missed it.

Yes, setting on the center screen. Some categories have a submenu (gear on top right). Walk away is in the submenu. Also, navigation has it's own settings on the left side of the screen (media needs to be minimized to see the icon).

I just verified that even with walk away door lock turned on if you turn your phone off while in the car (or, say, the battery dies) and you get out and walk away from your Model 3, the car will not lock.

The car needs to verify you leave the car with Bluetooth connected. It will lock while Bluetooth is still connected as long as you (and the phone) are out of the vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: forkee
I just verified that even with walk away door lock turned on if you turn your phone off while in the car (or, say, the battery dies) and you get out and walk away from your Model 3, the car will not lock.
Someone else said that is cause the doors are already locked when your phone dies therefore it doesn't try to lock again as it doesn't see the phone leave after the doors are unlocked.

EDIT: or what @TT97 said...

Attachments

• m3 lock pic.png
    m3 lock pic.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 465