TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Door Mirror Glass on UK Model S

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by richrootes, Sep 24, 2014.

1. richrootes

richrootes Member

Door Mirror Question

Hello Everyone

Would someone be kind enough to let me know if the nearside (Left from Drivers' perspective) is plain or convex on UK cars?

Thanks!​

2. arg

arg Member

They are both (slightly) convex. So far as I can tell, the left and right mirrors are symmetrical - I would expect them to be the same parts as LHD cars, but haven't verified this.

3. richrootes

richrootes Member

Hi there, Arg

The North American Model S definitely has one flat and one convex glass on the exterior mirrors. If the UK spec car has two convex mirrors, that means I should be able to order and fit a replacement for the flat.

Would you mind just double checking for me please?

My wife is in the UK right now and did get the part number from Tesla, but they had no clue as to the glass type, only standard or premium.....

Thank you!

4. arg

arg Member

Both are convex, in both the X and Y axes. Tested by holding my phone against the glass as a straight edge (and no, it isn't a bent iPhone6!).

Car is UK-spec with tech package, hence it has the folding mirrors (no reason for that to affect the glass though).

5. richrootes

richrootes Member

Thank you very much, Arg!

The folding functionality won't matter, but for the Tech Package they are heated and 'Dip' automatically too

Take care - enjoy your Model S and your straight-edge phone!