Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door mode setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my brand new X yesterday. Its on 7.1 2/36/31

The Falcon doors work fine but appear to not be opening completely. I was able to use the door screen that pops up to open them fully outside, once they were already open.

Later on I was reading the manual (RTFM!) and found under Controls->Settings-Vehicle a screen shot that showed a 'Set Door Mode' button which appeared to change from 'umbrella' to fully open mode. On my vehicle, when I go to that screen I don't have that particular button.

So can any one point me where that control button really lives, or how to switch the opening mode on the doors.

Thanks

That setting has been removed in a software update. Now if the vehicle detects an obstacle above, it will automatically open in umbrella mode. You can manually override to full open, and you can also set that location to always fully open. If the doors are opening part way and there are no obstructions overhead (the obstruction could be far out of the way, but it is very sensitive things overhead) then you might want to get your sensors checked out.