Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door not shutting when walk away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my 2020 X since early December. I have the latest 40.50.7 firmware. A couple days ago, my driver door stopped shutting when I walked away. It usually shuts when I am maybe 5 car lengths away from it but I would be at least 10+ car lengths and would notice the door was still open. Sometimes it would shut at the normal distance walking away and other times I would be 2x the distance and it would still be open (one click of the keyfob would close the driver door). I did my first ever reset tonight by holding down the two steering wheel controls while pressing on the brake. Haven't had a chance to see if this made it better. Is this a common problem?

My 2019MX quit auto presenting (opening!) the door as I walked up a few months after I acquired it in June. I called tech
support and they sent a ranger who replaced what looked like a small mother board in the wall under the glove box. Took around 2
hours. He said they had had trouble with this part and the new part fixed this problem. Sure enough, no more problems
with auto present. Now I wish the car would say "Good Morning, Mr. Shanley, where are we going today?" maybe later.