Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door open warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked my car up on Friday and all was great with it. Couldn't be happier. Then came early Sunday morning. Starting at about 5 am my alarm kept going off. After some investigation I discovered that my front passenger door window was the issue. The window would move down about half an inch which made the car think someone was tampering with it. I searched the forums and tried all the calibration tips but nothing worked. The car was locked, handles in, so I just turned off the alarm. Then last night while driving on the freeway it did again and I got a horrible beeping noise followed by a warning on the dash saying my door was opened. Pulled off the freeway, opened and shut the door and was on my way again. Then it happened again and again and again. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sounds like you have a Model-S, try posting in the Model-S forum (instead of Model-X), you might get more hits.

I've heard of a small number of people with alarm issues, maybe your observation could explain that.

Try rebooting the vehicle (hold down both thumb-wheels on steering wheel until main display goes black). You could also try rebooting the console (hold down top buttons above thumb-wheels until your console display goes black).

Otherwise, make a note of the exact date/time and then contact Tesla to have them pull your logs and figure out what happened.

No I definitely have a Model X.

I will try rebooting the system. Hopefully that helps. As soon as service opens this morning I will be calling them. I made notes of the times the alarm went off yesterday morning and about the time it started happening last night while driving.

In that case, the "handles" are always "in" on the Model-X (unlike like Model-S). The mirrors do retract when locked, and if you have a Performance vehicle, the rear spoiler also retracts.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

We do have a Model S also and use to thinking in the terms of that car since we have had it much longer. Sorry to use the wrong terminology.

I am waiting for my husband to do the reboot and hoping that fixes it or if I do have to take it to the SC that it is a quick fix.