TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Door opened while driving

Discussion in 'Model S' started by idealsol, May 18, 2018.

1. idealsol

idealsol Member

I just installed 18.2 this morning
    My wife and her friend were driving home this afternoon when the passenger door opened on it's own
    Not very far, just to about the catch I guess, but they could see the light in the door as it came on, and the beeping that goes with an open door
    I asked me wife if there was any way her friend could have accidentally hit the latch. Not possible, as she was holding and drinking coffee

I called service and after the first one I talked to indicated maybe it's just the new firmware and to reboot, I escalated the call
    The 2nd one I talked to in vehicle support seemed to think it's hardware related, maybe a switch, etc

I gave them a pretty exact time that it happened, as my wife called me immediately

Now waiting for further advice from the 2nd man I talked to

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

• Informative x 1
  2. William13

William13 Active Member

This happened twice to me in the first year or so of production. Firmware fixed it for most people. My handles were replaced three years latter without repeat.

3. JasJ

JasJ Member

Last year, my rear passenger door did it a few times. Tesla replaced part of the handle. Never happened again.

4. srredbeard

srredbeard Member

It just happened to me today. My passenger was no where near the door handle when it happened. It happened the same time I engaged AP.