Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door opened while driving

idealsol

Oct 8, 2016
Orange County, Ca
I just installed 18.2 this morning
My wife and her friend were driving home this afternoon when the passenger door opened on it's own
Not very far, just to about the catch I guess, but they could see the light in the door as it came on, and the beeping that goes with an open door
I asked me wife if there was any way her friend could have accidentally hit the latch. Not possible, as she was holding and drinking coffee

I called service and after the first one I talked to indicated maybe it's just the new firmware and to reboot, I escalated the call
The 2nd one I talked to in vehicle support seemed to think it's hardware related, maybe a switch, etc

I gave them a pretty exact time that it happened, as my wife called me immediately

Now waiting for further advice from the 2nd man I talked to

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

• Informative
Reactions: David29

William13

Mar 19, 2011
South Bend
This happened twice to me in the first year or so of production. Firmware fixed it for most people. My handles were replaced three years latter without repeat.

srredbeard

Blue MS 75D and Black M3
Mar 19, 2018
Milton, WA
It just happened to me today. My passenger was no where near the door handle when it happened. It happened the same time I engaged AP.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC