Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door opens on its own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This weekend, I was parked on a quiet street, stepped out of a house where I was visiting and saw the driver's door was wide open. I was at least 40 feet from the car with the fob in my pocket. Closed the door manually and went back inside. Couple of hours later, came out and again saw the same door wide open. Fortunately, no damage. I again closed the door and turned off 'auto door'. Called Tesla and they had me power off, wait two minutes and power on. We'll see if it happens again. Anyone else have this issue?

This weekend, I was parked on a quiet street, stepped out of a house where I was visiting and saw the driver's door was wide open. I was at least 40 feet from the car with the fob in my pocket. Closed the door manually and went back inside. Couple of hours later, came out and again saw the same door wide open. Fortunately, no damage. I again closed the door and turned off 'auto door'. Called Tesla and they had me power off, wait two minutes and power on. We'll see if it happens again. Anyone else have this issue?
Haven't had that one yet will take care

Haven't had this issue. You could turn off Passive Entry until Tesla finds out what's wrong, if you have one of the latest updates. This will only open the car if you double-click the key fob, and not just because you are close to it. Otherwise it sounds like your car could still be open, randomly. Can be used in combination with enabled automatic doors.

Sounds like a software feature update is needed whereas if the car detects the door is open for longer than a certain amount of time, then it should close and look. About a minute or less is all we need to get in or out of the car.