Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door panel misalignment and paint chip, reject?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oo okay, that chip does look like mine but mine is on the spoiler area (I don't have a spoiler).
I learned the hard way to set my trunk to not open fully. I was in a shopping mall parking lot and opened the trunk from inside car. BUMP! Yup, I had parked in a spot which had an occasional downward pointing concrete support bar so distance to ceiling was less than expected. In this case, I had a spoiler so my spoiler has a chip in it 🤨. I’ll fill it in with something or try to color match.

I learned the hard way to set my trunk to not open fully. I was in a shopping mall parking lot and opened the trunk from inside car. BUMP! Yup, I had parked in a spot which had an occasional downward pointing concrete support bar so distance to ceiling was less than expected. In this case, I had a spoiler so my spoiler has a chip in it 🤨. I’ll fill it in with something or try to color match.
Ooof, that was the first thing I did upon delivery. Saw how high that trunk open and was like...whoa, I can hit a bunch of stuff at this height, lol. Thinking that however the Tesla service center attempts to fix my chip on the spoiler area, I'll be adding a spoiler more for the added protection, haha.

Ooof, that was the first thing I did upon delivery. Saw how high that trunk open and was like...whoa, I can hit a bunch of stuff at this height, lol. Thinking that however the Tesla service center attempts to fix my chip on the spoiler area, I'll be adding a spoiler more for the added protection, haha.
BTW nice Gundam profile picture. I made 3D visual effects on a live action Gundam project in 1998 or so. Was fun.

Reactions: Kokukenji