Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door panel update in US M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just poking around the Tesla site, trying to decide if I want to place my order for an M3P now or wait a while.... I noticed the interior picture now has the same door panels that was seen in the Made in China 3/Y. Something new or I've just missed it the past few days?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 10.06.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 10.06.17 PM.png
    942.1 KB · Views: 160
It'll cost you another $500 for that trim apparently as pricing was bumped yet again. I like the look of the new panels, but not enough to have any jealousy and wish I had waited.

Interesting that they still aren't listing the heated steering wheel anywhere on the site that I can find.

So how does that work for the people that ordered a week ago with the old price? Doing they (potentially) get the new door panels without the price increase?
Most likely. From what I've read, and as it worked for me, they'll honor the price at time of order. And as new features come out, they tend to come on new builds moving forward. So as long as yours is a new build and not from existing inventory, it's a higher probability you'll get the new doors.

Reactions: TBrownTX
So how does that work for the people that ordered a week ago with the old price? Doing they (potentially) get the new door panels without the price increase?
You will not pay more than what was listed when you ordered, but you can pay less if there is a price drop while waiting for your car.
I would guess the trim will just depend on when the switchover to the new panels happens.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Unpopular opinion here but I'm fond of the new doors. That said, the area where the door trim meets the dash trim seems a bit unusual due to the 3D curves. I appreciate the extra touch to the door but can understand it's not for all. As T3SLAROD mentions, for everyone that doesn't like the change, it's an extra opportunity to add some carbon fiber or material of your choosing to the cabin :)