Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door popping noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

I noticed my passenger rear door makes a loud popping noise when opening and closing. It occurs when the door reaches those stops that hold it in place if that makes any sense. It seems to be coming from the lower black plastic latch. It only happens on that door and it sounds really cheap, like something is broke. At the same time I noticed my carbon fiber spoiler is coming off... great

Tesla service is coming by, and I’m sure they will fix it like they always do but just wanted to see if it’s a common issue.

Hey guys

I noticed my passenger rear door makes a loud popping noise when opening and closing. It occurs when the door reaches those stops that hold it in place if that makes any sense. It seems to be coming from the lower black plastic latch. It only happens on that door and it sounds really cheap, like something is broke. At the same time I noticed my carbon fiber spoiler is coming off... great

Tesla service is coming by, and I’m sure they will fix it like they always do but just wanted to see if it’s a common issue.
Any update? I have this issue happing now too.

Found this on a checklist (I am still looking for more details on all thing I should check before delivery) - but there is a section about checking the doors- so would only assume it is a 'known' issue, but would be nice if there is a fix, or why/what is the cause

SECTION B - Exterior inspection​

9. Test all doors to ensure they open and close without unreasonable effort or sound. Check paint in areas such as door hinges, that are not visible when doors are closed. NOTE: Some deliveries have reported incomplete body painting in hidden areas.