TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Door Problem After Car Wash

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by tfcooper, Dec 16, 2016.

1. tfcooper

tfcooper New Member

OK, this is a weird one. After I took the X (90D) to a car wash to get the salt off, the driver's door didn't want to close properly. It became almost impossible to close from the inside; I could close it with some difficulty from the outside. Once it dried out completely after a couple of days, it worked fine.

I thought it might be a fluke, so I tried the car wash again a few days ago. The same thing happened: the driver's door refused to close, while the other doors worked fine. I finally had to enter and exit from the passenger side. Two days later, everything is back to normal.

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Sounds like an electrical problem inside the door. I would definitely involve the service center. It might help if you note the exact date & time it happened, b/c if it created a log entry they would be able to find it easier.

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I was told that the new latches were designed because of a moisture problem affecting the old designs ability to work. Have you had the latches replaced in the last 30 days? You should probably report this event to service.

BTW since my original latches never saw rain or high pressure washing, I never experienced latching problems, but they replaced them with the new ones anyway.