Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Problem After Car Wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, this is a weird one. After I took the X (90D) to a car wash to get the salt off, the driver's door didn't want to close properly. It became almost impossible to close from the inside; I could close it with some difficulty from the outside. Once it dried out completely after a couple of days, it worked fine.

I thought it might be a fluke, so I tried the car wash again a few days ago. The same thing happened: the driver's door refused to close, while the other doors worked fine. I finally had to enter and exit from the passenger side. Two days later, everything is back to normal.

I was told that the new latches were designed because of a moisture problem affecting the old designs ability to work. Have you had the latches replaced in the last 30 days? You should probably report this event to service.

BTW since my original latches never saw rain or high pressure washing, I never experienced latching problems, but they replaced them with the new ones anyway.