Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door release and another great service expereance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been driving a loaner P85+ without AP I noticed that when I walk up to the car the door opens not just the handle extending but the door opened
Did I miss this or is it only after vin##x or am I going nuts as mine just extends the handles?

On a side note once again Tesla went above and beyond the service by replacing both my key fobs when only one had stopped working and replacing the panel clips I broke off when removing the rear trunk panels.

It took over two months but the third Drive Unit is silent and may be in my head but the car seems to be more responsive (My last one had about 20k on it).
Also my second rear applique, but Liam assured me that this is the latest greatest and will not fill up with condensation.

Only issue is the AC is so loud when running hard, they could not replicate (Its always the way) so not fault found but I am sure there is an issue.

That aside 11 outta 10.

Just been driving a loaner P85+ without AP I noticed that when I walk up to the car the door opens not just the handle extending but the door opened
Did I miss this or is it only after vin##x or am I going nuts as mine just extends the handles?.
There's something wrong with that car. That has never been an option on the model S, and extending the handles shouldn't do it. It's actually a slight safety issue, as it seems likely that the door could decide to open at an inopportune moment.

If a door handle is out of spec/adjustment, as it extends it can hit the microswitch to release the door lock. Not an uncommon bug. Wa happening to my front passenger door especially on going into Park. Time to have the service folks repair/adjust/replace.

I recently had the same thing happening to my rear passenger door on my 2013 P85. The handle would present AND the door would open. Like usual, Tesla Service was fantastic and had a ranger visit my house and fix the problem a few days later. Fortunately, the recent 7.1 software upgrade allowed the option of only unlocking the driver door, so this wasn't too big of a problem for the few days i had to wait for the Ranger. I could not be happier with the service I have received from Tesla, they consistently go above and beyond for me.