Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door sensor and window malfunction occurred during a car wash!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah definitely not human error.... I hand washed my 3 week old MY that just came back from a 4 day service center delivery quality control repair... getting it ready to ceramic coat. After I prerinse with the hose given the service center made it dirty as hell, I bust out the soapy car mitt and notice the damn driver side rear window is down. Well that’s weird it was for sure up Bc I drove it out of the garage and prerinsed it. I know people are thinking user error... maybe I accidentally pushed the button for the window right??? Well wrong, something is wrong with my Tesla.

https://youtube.com/shorts/JbiYayzvvJI

Not only does the car think the door is open but it causes the window to be down Bc it’s open. I drive it back into my garage and reboot....

fast forward 3 hrs after it dries window automatically goes up, and I think problem solved...wrong!

it still thinks the car door is open but the window is up now. Super weird.... super annoying... want to know why!?? Bc I can’t lock the door! And u know what’s more annoying, the fact that I can’t talk to a human unless I drive to the service center. They make u go through the app to make an appointment! Good thing this isn’t our only car.... so now it will not be safely used for another 5 days until the mobile service tech comes out. What if this happened during an automatic car wash?? My kids what have gotten wet for sure haha... second bath prob is needed for them anyways. In all seriousness I’m on the verge of a buyback request. I just want another model Y... one that actually was assembled with care and not to meet Elon’s quota.

A really a bad experience post delivery and NOT user error.

Attachments

• 7834A2C2-94EA-4EAE-800A-12B8A879F9D6.jpeg
    7834A2C2-94EA-4EAE-800A-12B8A879F9D6.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 522
Yeah definitely not human error.... I hand washed my 3 week old MY that just came back from a 4 day service center delivery quality control repair... getting it ready to ceramic coat. After I prerinse with the hose given the service center made it dirty as hell, I bust out the soapy car mitt and notice the damn driver side rear window is down. Well that’s weird it was for sure up Bc I drove it out of the garage and prerinsed it. I know people are thinking user error... maybe I accidentally pushed the button for the window right??? Well wrong, something is wrong with my Tesla.

https://youtube.com/shorts/JbiYayzvvJI

Not only does the car think the door is open but it causes the window to be down Bc it’s open. I drive it back into my garage and reboot....

fast forward 3 hrs after it dries window automatically goes up, and I think problem solved...wrong!

it still thinks the car door is open but the window is up now. Super weird.... super annoying... want to know why!?? Bc I can’t lock the door! And u know what’s more annoying, the fact that I can’t talk to a human unless I drive to the service center. They make u go through the app to make an appointment! Good thing this isn’t our only car.... so now it will not be safely used for another 5 days until the mobile service tech comes out. What if this happened during an automatic car wash?? My kids what have gotten wet for sure haha... second bath prob is needed for them anyways. In all seriousness I’m on the verge of a buyback request. I just want another model Y... one that actually was assembled with care and not to meet Elon’s quota.

A really a bad experience post delivery and NOT user error.

Had exact same issue on my sisters Model Y! Same circumstances as well. Alarm was also going off because car was detecting the door as being open. Long story short, the inside of the B pillar plastic was detached and no clips were present. That was causing the issue. Secured it with a rope until mobile service came out to fix it. Been fine since.

Mike

Had exact same issue on my sisters Model Y! Same circumstances as well. Alarm was also going off because car was detecting the door as being open. Long story short, the inside of the B pillar plastic was detached and no clips were present. That was causing the issue. Secured it with a rope until mobile service came out to fix it. Been fine since.

Mike
Oh dang, I need to check that out. Yeah mobile service is coming in 5 days from now, I got to mention that to them. That actually makes sense too b/c they took off a lot of panels to realign them, and I'm wondering if they forgot to secure something doing it. Those guys were obviously rushing to correct all the quality control delivery issues I had b/c they did a crappy job with buffing scratches and made it worse in a few places.

Last edited:
Oh dang, I need to check that out. Yeah mobile service is coming in 5 days from now, I got to mention that to them. That actually makes sense too b/c they took off a lot of panels to realign them, and I'm wondering if they forgot to secure something doing it. Those guys were obviously rushing to correct all the quality control delivery issues I had b/c they did a crappy job with buffing scratches and made it worse in a few places.

Yeah, it would make sense. It sucked for my sister but I was able to secure it enough to make it last until mobile came.

Hope they can resolve it for you.

Mike