Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Sensor Issues

FamilyT3sla

Apr 10, 2018
Riverview, FL
We had our 2018 MX wrapped fully in Xpel Ultimate. But now I am seeing issues with the door sensors. I will not be parked next to anything but they are registering objects and not opening fully. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a wrap issue or firmware?

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
We had our 2018 MX wrapped fully in Xpel Ultimate. But now I am seeing issues with the door sensors. I will not be parked next to anything but they are registering objects and not opening fully. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a wrap issue or firmware?

Maybe an issue with the sensors. I have Xpel Ultimate full wrap too, but no phantom objects detected.

FamilyT3sla

Apr 10, 2018
Riverview, FL
Who did you wrap with? Are they extremely experienced with tesla, and specifically a model X? I wonder if it's a konwledge/experience issue.

When I spoke with the SC, they informed me the sensors are behind the plastic trim at the bottom of the doors. The XPEL installer did not wrap these sections.

Jays200

Apr 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Service Center visit #3 scheduled for this week. 1 visit per month so far...

Really?

You have a third party work on your car, cover your sensors in a wrap and then imply Tesla are at fault because you feel the need to mention your third visit to a SC.

Back to the wrap company.

My clear wrap has cutouts for the sensors and I've had zero problems. Just sayin'

FamilyT3sla

Apr 10, 2018
Riverview, FL
Really?

You have a third party work on your car, cover your sensors in a wrap and then imply Tesla are at fault because you feel the need to mention your third visit to a SC.

Back to the wrap company.

My clear wrap has cutouts for the sensors and I've had zero problems. Just sayin'

Dude calm down. These are not the front and rear bumper sensors (which have cut outs and work fine), they are the sensors in the doors. Tesla support told me on the phone as long as the lower black panels are not wrapped on the doors (which they are not), then it is not the wrap.

Reactions: P85_DA

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC