TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Door Sensor Issues

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by FamilyT3sla, Jun 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

We had our 2018 MX wrapped fully in Xpel Ultimate. But now I am seeing issues with the door sensors. I will not be parked next to anything but they are registering objects and not opening fully. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a wrap issue or firmware?

2. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Maybe an issue with the sensors. I have Xpel Ultimate full wrap too, but no phantom objects detected.

3. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

Service Center visit #3 scheduled for this week. 1 visit per month so far...

4. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Who did you wrap with? Are they extremely experienced with tesla, and specifically a model X? I wonder if it's a konwledge/experience issue.

5. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

When I spoke with the SC, they informed me the sensors are behind the plastic trim at the bottom of the doors. The XPEL installer did not wrap these sections.

6. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Really?

You have a third party work on your car, cover your sensors in a wrap and then imply Tesla are at fault because you feel the need to mention your third visit to a SC.

Back to the wrap company.

My clear wrap has cutouts for the sensors and I've had zero problems. Just sayin'

7. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

Dude calm down. These are not the front and rear bumper sensors (which have cut outs and work fine), they are the sensors in the doors. Tesla support told me on the phone as long as the lower black panels are not wrapped on the doors (which they are not), then it is not the wrap.

• Like x 1
  8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

My doors wrapped no issues 2018 X ..also ceramic coated over

9. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

Video covering the issue.

10. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

Confirmed sensor issue. SC replaced all door sensors and assembly as they were found to be faulty.

• Informative x 1
  11. LTR2018

LTR2018 Member

Good to hear the update on the phantom object issue. What did the SC say about the 'jet noise'?

12. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

Normal.......unfortunately.