Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Weather Seals not adhering to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hand detailed my car yesterday for the first time (bucket and hose vs Rinseless) and as I was wiping the underside of the door's I noticed on 3 of my 4 doors the rubber seal was "hanging" away from the bottom of the door. I tried to get them back into place but the adhesive (yes they are stuck to the car with an adhesive) wasn't holding.

Suggestions??? Is this a possible warranty claim?

The only way I was able to resolve this for good was to use 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter Tape Primer before pushing the seals back on. Got some off eBay. Comes as a liquid, or as small wipes. Haven't had any issues since early July, and the car has been kept both inside and outside in an array of weather.

• Helpful
Reactions: TomServo
The only way I was able to resolve this for good was to use 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter Tape Primer before pushing the seals back on. Got some off eBay. Comes as a liquid, or as small wipes. Haven't had any issues since early July, and the car has been kept both inside and outside in an array of weather.

Thanks for that info. I will order some and try fixing it myself. I know Tesla service is swamped and no need to burden them anymore if I can fix it myself.

cheers.