Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Weather Stripping Came loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: mark95476
My drivers door had this problem, all I did is reseat it and pressed it firmly for a few minutes. That was back in Aug and so far it’s stayed in place.
My driver door did that. Mobile tech removed the entire seal and put a new one on, there was only 3 inch gap in the non-attached seal. The new seal doesn’t seam to be staying on much better. Original seal:
43F7CAAE-908A-4091-8346-2CDF0A4B590F.jpeg

I just checked my doors and I have the same issue. It's not bad (similar to Barrygold) and the stripping seem like its in good shape.

I'll probably make a service appointment, but I'm considering getting some rubber adhesive and/or the primer Dennisis linked and fixing it myself.

Curious. Did the seals actually fail/deteriorate, or just the adhesive?

I installed the RPMTesla Noise Reduction seal kit several weeks ago (excellent sound reduction!), but the adhesive is failing. It's hard to explain, but the adhesive sticks to the body part, and the seals, but the seals have stretched away from the body, with stringy adhesive showing, like pulled taffy.

Wondering what adhesive would work better in TX 104f heat???