TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Door window problem

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by towman26, Jul 22, 2013.

1. towman26

towman26 Member

Sunday I was driving around and the right rear door window went down and wouldn't go back up. Not a good thing in the rain season in Fla. I called Tesla who took down my info & early this morning the Dania Beach Service Center called and advised me the Ranger would be to my house very soon. You gotta love that service! Defiantly not a car from the big guys. A big THANK YOU to our tech andvTesla for getting it fixed right away!!!
    . image.jpg

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

There's a TSB for the rear window regulator clips in hot climates.

3. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

I started a thread on this a few months back.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374546755.350845.jpg

:)

4. jcadman22

jcadman22 MD: DRK NRG

Wow, so glad I saw this thread! The same thing happened on my car today - both back windows dropped on open but did not return when the doors were closed. Mine looked closer to Towman's pic than Kaivball's. I had to close them from the driver's door console. All seems back to normal after a few lock/unlock cycles, but I've noted the issue for a trip to the Rockville service center.

5. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

6. ddruz

ddruz Member

Our SC here in Hawaii has contacted owners of the cars with the affected VIN's to have the window clips fixed. Mine was done last week. Very proactive and impressive SC here. Top notch.

7. deonb

deonb Active Member

Aha! So service didn't just make something up when they said they changed my window clips last week. I had no idea what that was about until I saw this thread just now :).

8. darthvdr

darthvdr Member

They are being proactive, so kudos to Tesla. I had a flat yesterday and while the car was in the SC, they told me that they would change out a prt for my windows.

9. JPP

JPP Active Member

Your friendly Tesla SC will address this when you have 'routine' service--takes about 3 hours for both rear doors/windows to retrofit the clips for the regulators.

10. jebzter

jebzter Member

First issue for an early adopter today as well. Rear driver's side window just dropped. All windows were closed. I took a right turn, and the window literally just 'dropped'.

I can hear the motor going up and down. I think the regulator is still good but did a quick search on the internet and found out that there is a Rear Window Regulator Reinforcement clip (SB-13-11-005) that will need to be replaced at your next annual inspection.

I'm scheduled at the Rockville Tesla Service Center in Maryland.

11. towman26

towman26 Member

They came out to my house to fix it the next day, but we are 100 miles from the service center. I wish they would have done both windows but they only did the broke one so I'm sure it will happen to the left side sooner or later