Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door window rattle when lowered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had it and a mobile tech came out and identified. Then came once the new part was in to install.

Apparently it is the chrome molding at the base of the window (top of the door) that was misaligned. Essentially applying to much pressure in the wrong areas. They replaced both moldings and the problem went away.

Now fast forward to last week, (3 month time period) I am pretty sure I caught the thumping sound again in the driver door. Hopefully it was a one off.

i have a very annoying rattle in the driver door panel that i can't figure out where it's coming from. it is very loud at speeds less than 40mph. so i hear it alot - driving home on our very smooth asphalt roads, driving my kids from school, anywhere low speed is required (which is about 50% of my driving). very irritating.

i just tried lowering the window and i don't think that changed it much. wondering if yours sounds similar? BTW, are rattles something the mobile service techs able to deal with, or is that strictly a bring-to-service-center issue?

i have a very annoying rattle in the driver door panel that i can't figure out where it's coming from. it is very loud at speeds less than 40mph. so i hear it alot - driving home on our very smooth asphalt roads, driving my kids from school, anywhere low speed is required (which is about 50% of my driving). very irritating.

i just tried lowering the window and i don't think that changed it much. wondering if yours sounds similar? BTW, are rattles something the mobile service techs able to deal with, or is that strictly a bring-to-service-center issue?

That sounds very annoying. Definitely get that checked by your service rep.