Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doors....not seating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that they have to slam the doors for them to seat and close properly. Not sure if this is a service call or just time and usage will fix...
Yes. The new Y’s from Austin are known to be difficult to close. The service adviser told me they should improve over time with use. My drivers door has started to close easier now at 6 weeks.
Also, if you roll down the window a little, it‘s easier to close the doors (pressure?). I try to remember to crack my window before my passengers close their doors.
It’s getting better though. On a positive, it’s very quiet…

I took delivery of my MY two weeks ago, I immediately noticed that the passenger door was extremely difficult to close. I also have an MX so I thought that maybe I was accustomed to the self/soft-closing doors until someone else tried and confirmed my suspicion. I was able to get into the service center the next day and they fixed it in less than 30 minutes. Sometimes I feel like my driver's door is difficult to close, so I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Reactions: NikkiLynn
The demo 7-seater YLR that was made in Freemont back in April had front doors that were very difficult to open or close. In fact, my wife could not push her passenger door to open, and I had to open it for her from the outside. The driver's door was a little tough also, so this might not be an Austin-only problem. The seals might be stiff when new, or there might be paint in the hinges that needs to be worked out with time? (it wasn't the windows - we both knew which door button to push). That said, I've read this is more of an Austin build concern. I guess I'll find out in a couple months if this affects mine when it comes in. I have agreed that if this is still the case, that I will always walk around and open my wife's door when she drives with me. Conversely, she said I'm on my own when I'm the passenger.

Reactions: NikkiLynn