Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doors stopped presenting themselves after v9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird issue is that right after v9 came out, my driver's door stopped auto-presenting itself. I've tried walking up to the car with either keyfob, and double checked the setting auto-door setting is enabled. Is there another separate profile option to enable this in v9 that was not in v8? The car otherwise wakes up when I walk near it.

Weird issue is that right after v9 came out, my driver's door stopped auto-presenting itself. I've tried walking up to the car with either keyfob, and double checked the setting auto-door setting is enabled. Is there another separate profile option to enable this in v9 that was not in v8? The car otherwise wakes up when I walk near it.
Pretty wierd, eh!? Same thing happened to me and here's the deal. I think it was actually the v9 patch that changed the security settings. If you go to settings-->safety and security-->passive entry you will REactivate the original entry parameters and the door should go back to its' original behaviour if you activate passive entry. As I understand it, this is a security fix to prevent theft by nefarious hackers.You also have the option to set up a code that has to be entered before the engine will roar to life if you so choose! Good luck!

Pretty wierd, eh!? Same thing happened to me and here's the deal. I think it was actually the v9 patch that changed the security settings. If you go to settings-->safety and security-->passive entry you will REactivate the original entry parameters and the door should go back to its' original behaviour if you activate passive entry. As I understand it, this is a security fix to prevent theft by nefarious hackers.You also have the option to set up a code that has to be entered before the engine will roar to life if you so choose! Good luck!

Do you have an MCU2 car (post March 2018)?

I thought I read about changes to security in MCU2 cars.

My car is a September Mcu2 model. I tried to disable and then enable passive entry, even enabled pin to drive...still won't passively open. The weird thing is my trunk is also acting weird, where the door refuses to open at times. This all started happening after v9; not sure if a coincidence or if something is actually broken. The doors auto-close just fine though, and I can open everything from within the console or with the keyfob.

Might be a stupid question, but have you tried a reset? Soft/hard or both?

Soft reset:
Hold both scroll wheels on steering wheel till car resets.

Hard reset:
Same as above, but also hold brake pedal.

During the reset, all your screens will turn off and take a second to turn back on, upon doing so will briefly show the T logo on both screens.

Resets can fix most "small" issues and doesnt harm your car.