Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doors Unlocked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got home last night, parked the Tesla and plugged it in at about 11pm. At 509am the App alerted the doors were unlocked. Usually this happens for example if my wife leaves her phone in the car,etc but it usually alerts after 2 hours of the doors being unlocked.

Sentry is turned off at home, I opened the app when I woke around 630am and sure enough the doors were unlocked. I went outside and checked the car, no obvious evidence anybody was actually in the vehicle.

What could have unlocked the doors and why would the app alert? It's never done that before, if its the 2 hour trigger something unlocked the car at 309am and left it unlocked. The car is set to auto lock when we leave the vehicle so it's pretty much impossible for us to leave it unlocked (unless perhaps you unlock the doors from the App I'm not sure)

This is the first time this has happened, both teslasa are at 40.4.1 but only happened on the MY not the M3 parked beside it.

After 2 days I found the issue. Thankfully before my appointment or I would have felt like a fool. Apparently my daughter had shut her door enough that it didn't show on the screen or looking from outside, but wouldn't let me enable cruise control or properly lock the doors. Opened and closed her door, everything is better. Never would have guessed, because as I said no indication door wasn't closed properly.

So we were out of town for a week, MY had a nice 7 day sleep and got the holiday update. We returned from out of town this morning around 1am and at 149am got alerted the doors were left open. Nobody went to the car, opened it or check on it from the App. Seems like a weird very intermittent issue. I checked the app and it shows doors were unlocked, I locked them from the App and then seemed to be fine.

This has been happening to me too. Over the past week or so I fond the doors unlocked when returning to the car about 3 times. I am sure they were locked when I left the car. I think the 2022.44.25 update has some random unlocking issues.

I had this issue with 2022.36.20. There appears to be a bug in which the door is closed so the car doesn’t register it as being left open on the screen but some other part of the software thinks it’s open, keeping the doors from locking and preventing cruise control.

Opening and shutting the doors appears to fix the issue. A two button reset may also help.

Happened once again yesterday. Came back from shopping and the doors were unlocked. I think it's just the new way they work now. Perhaps the doors have an automatic lock feature that only locks the doors when the car thinks it's necessary. ;)

It's only happened to me if I had to use my keycard to unlock and drive.
Not sure if this is the same scenario, but... I parked in an underground parking lot this morning for a dr app't and had to use the key card to enter the car. Maybe I didn't have cell signal. Is that needed? Then I drove to work, parked in the ground level outdoor lot, and heard the car lock as I walked away. I can't have my cell at my desk, but over lunch I saw the notice that my car was unlocked. WTF - What the Feature?!?

Not sure if this is the same scenario, but... I parked in an underground parking lot this morning for a dr app't and had to use the key card to enter the car. Maybe I didn't have cell signal. Is that needed? Then I drove to work, parked in the ground level outdoor lot, and heard the car lock as I walked away. I can't have my cell at my desk, but over lunch I saw the notice that my car was unlocked. WTF - What the Feature?!?

Any time I've a keycard, I get a notice that my door is unlocked. You probably need to manually lock the door if you use the key card.

`23 Giga Berlin car with 2022.40.30 - same issue here, the car sometimes will not lock and radio is on.... Hope it is a sw issue
Does it say if there is a door open when it is not.

I have that with the rear passenger side door. It opens randomly and triggers the alarm ....but in fact the door is closed but the windows lowers a bit. I think the door contacts are not calibrated good and it thinks the door is open