Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"doorstop" noise sometimes when AP is breaking 'harder'

trekkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Oct 2, 2019
Wake Forest, NC
So I don't know how to describe the noise, other than 'the sound when a kid is flicking a spring doorstop'. Not always, but mostly when someone makes a sudden stop/aggressive stop/cuts me off and the AP (no FSD) brakes aggressively enough to tilt me forward some in my seat it sounds like that.

Other times, when a gradual breaking or otherwise, no 'doi-i-i-i-i-n-g'

Is that normal? I'm not noticing the brake pedals moving and wasn't sure if that was drive by wire or an actuator up inside there that might make that noise occasionally.

<1600 miles on it, so just wondering if that's a bug or a feature.

ditzpro

Jul 8, 2016
michigan
I've had this for months ..Car has been in for service(I was not present ) and not fixed ..They claimed they could not create the noise ,even though I explained in detail ...Stop behind a car at traffic light ,engage autopilot , Hit gas(?) pedal to make car go forward quickly ..Does it every time ...
Maybe next service I'll be with the car and can show them ..

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC