Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dormant Model Y Battery Discharge Concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model Y long range with 2,000 miles so far and love it. I have a Tesla Wall Connector in my garage so I top it off to 80% when I need to.

However, I have a one month trip in December and won't be home and no one will be driving my MY. What's best way to keep my MY batteries (12 V and 2170) in good shape as it won't be driven at all. Should I leave the Wall Connector plugged in the car or not?

Look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks all.

The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual covers this; leave the Tesla vehicle plugged in. Set the charging level limit to between 50% and 60%. Turn off Sentry Mode, Summon Standby so that the Tesla Model Y can enter sleep mode. Don't needlessly wake up the Tesla Model Y by repeatedly opening the Tesla phone app to check on the status of the Tesla vehicle. Enjoy your trip, your Tesla will be fine.

Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla

The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual covers this; leave the Tesla vehicle plugged in. Set the charging level limit to between 50% and 60%. Turn off Sentry Mode, Summon Standby so that the Tesla Model Y can enter sleep mode. Don't needlessly wake up the Tesla Model Y by repeatedly opening the Tesla phone app to check on the status of the Tesla vehicle. Enjoy your trip, your Tesla will be fine.

Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
Hi jcanoe, thank you for pointing me to the Owner's Manual and the instructions. I will take a look. Much appreciated.