Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double Back Dual Motor Tesla Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I landed on no for that very reason. Although my car is a real mess. I need a find a touchless wash for the days I don't want to do it by hand and all I want is to get the salt off.

My wife washed her car this afternoon, drove just a couple miles after, and by the time she got home it was filthy again on the outside. I guess it was an improvement over its pre-wash condition...
Yep. Made same mistake.

There is a decent touchless at the exxon at route 7 and spring Hill. Just next to tyco.

Hope they have breakfast :)

I use the touchless washes at two different Sunoco stations - one in Seven Corners on Rt 7 near Red Robin, and the other in Merrifield off Gallows Rd near Sweetwater Tavern. Good to know there's one near Tyco too.

I briefly considered washing my car today, even after my comment above, because I was in Seven Corners anyway. But on top of everything else the line for the car wash was terribly long, I think I'd have been waiting 45 minutes.

So, did you guys go to the Double Black event? Was it worth it? The dealership 5 miles from my office apparently has a P85D available for test drives - so I'm debating whether it's worth it to go. I could just email one of the people I know and schedule a test drive there.

I would also have my two young children (who love cars and the Tesla but don't have the attention span to stay for very long). The Denver event is Sunday at Mile High Stadium.

Last edited:
I ended up going without my kids -- the time change and a late event on Saturday night caused them to sleep late -- but in hindsight I'm glad they didn't go. They'd have been interested for the food and maybe a bit of the chatting, and I might've tried the P85D if they were there, but they'd have gotten a bit restless during the tech talk, waiting, and later conversation (i.e. I would have left the event much earlier). I did enjoy some extended chats with several local owners, TMC members, and a few Tesla employees as well!

There is a double black event scheduled this week in Seattle. I'm wondering if it is worth going. There are a lot of the same questions posted here but not a lot of responses after attending. What happened at the event? Did you actually drive the P85D or ride with a factory driver? I rode in one at the release in CA but we did not drive them there. Is there a test track with the autopilot? Can anyone give me more details on what to expect? I seriously doubt that they will have any additional information on the MX so I would be going just for anything that would be equivalent, ie. V6.2 upgrades, V7.0 expectations, etc.

There is a double black event scheduled this week in Seattle. I'm wondering if it is worth going. There are a lot of the same questions posted here but not a lot of responses after attending. What happened at the event? Did you actually drive the P85D or ride with a factory driver? I rode in one at the release in CA but we did not drive them there. Is there a test track with the autopilot? Can anyone give me more details on what to expect? I seriously doubt that they will have any additional information on the MX so I would be going just for anything that would be equivalent, ie. V6.2 upgrades, V7.0 expectations, etc.

I didn't end up going to the Denver Double black event - had the kids alone and didn't figure they'd last.

I went to the double black event in Seattle yesterday. I was great fun. They had a course set up with a 0-60 acceleration lane, slalom course, etc. I had the option of an 85D or a P85D. Gee, guess which one I drove! The tesla driver drove the course first just to show you the ropes, then I drove it and my wife also drove it. (It was a little slow so they let us both do it. It was Friday afternoon. They said Saturday was expected to be much busier.). We then drove 10 minutes or so on the roads, testing the TACC, speed limit notification, and other new features. Got some nice swag, sweatshirt, t-shirt, coffee mug for each of us.

For or some crazy reason I wasn't able to get anything specific about when the MX would be revealed, specifications, production dates.....nothing. (Not that I expected to, these folks don't know any more than we do.)

All in all, it was well worth the time. I would recommend it to anyone. I'm not exactly sure who gets invited. I received an email invitation. I thinks it's open to anyone who wants to register.